Monday, January 24, 2011

Dad Update #3

We are on day 5. There has been no change. My dad remains about the same. There was a little bit of an attempt to wean him off of the ventilator yesterday but it didn't go well. No further testing to indicate where we are has been done at this time. Basically, it has been explained to me that we want to make sure we run the good race with him before we can consider anything else. There really isn't a timeline. We are just waiting for doctors to let us know one way or the other which way to go. According to them, it is still too early to tell.
So, in the meantime I'm camping out in Abilene. I've arranged for my little one to be put in daycare here while my two oldest go back to Katy with Toby. I'm staying at my great aunt's house. This is my new normal for awhile. Marcie, has to deal with going home everyday and not seeing my dad there. She asks herself the question, "Do I hang up his pants in the closet or not?" They've lived together for a little while. Her girls and his little dog, Paco Taco miss him greatly. I have a couple of messages from him on my answering machine that I just can't bring myself to listen to right now although I am really really missing his voice. Jamie is flying in from Alaska and will be here in a few hours.
When you hear the old saying, "Well, you just never know," well, it's true. You never know when it will be you. Noone ever said life would be easy. In fact at times it can be a little complicated. Almost like a labrynth's maze. I think it will be awhile til we get out of this maze.

1 comment: