Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Mini Obsession With the Royal Wedding

Raise your hand if you are tired of hearing about wars, terrorism, and natural disasters that make the tornado from the Wizard of Oz look like a nursery ryhme. Hence..my obsession with the Royal Wedding perhaps. These things don't come around everyday or even once a year like major sporting events. When my husband asked me why in the world I cared about the Royal Wedding I was quick to throw out the word Astros and I think he understood. My daughter asked me yesterday if I were invited would I go and get a new dress and have my nails done? I said of course, beaming as if I really was on the guest list and I think she understood. She said, "Aww...so Prince William can really say to his wife that she's his Princess." We had our girlie moment and giggled about it. Maybe it also has something to do with wanting to see a happy ending to a fairy tale that began a long time ago for a Princess named Diana. I like to think of it as a legacy fairy tale. We can witness a moment in time where her legacy smiles under the sun and will continue to move forward on their own journey. Maybe it's because the last time someone watched a Royal Wedding was when a six year old little girl watched it with her mother on July 29th 1981 with her feet dangling from the couch as she sat in amazement thinking that before her eyes was a real life Cinderella.
I don't know what the future holds for William and Kate. I'm just thrilled that they opened up their moment in time for the rest of us to see. When someone asks..Where were you when...I can reply, I was in my pajamas sipping tea and eating cucumber sandwiches at 4 a.m. watching the Royal Wedding. I hope their day is blessed! "God Save the Queen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment